For those of you who have been researching your family history for some time, you know how useful census information can be for tracking our relations.
I thank the censuses of Canada, the United States, England, Ireland and Wales for telling me:
- That Mino Bertolo came to Canada in1903 and was naturalized in 1907.
- That the uncle Patrick Moynihan went to Andover to live with was his mother's brother, William Harnedy.
- That my great-grandmother Margaret Leahy (neé Regan) had 12 children, not 11. So there's one more baptismal record to look for.
- That Margaret's father-in-law Patrick Leahy was still alive in 1901 and was blind but still fluent in Irish.
- That Jno Lawrence is John Lawrence. Who knew John needed a short-form?!
- That our Burrows family lived primarily in and around Bampton, Devon.